Barbara addresses a multitude of topics ranging from:
- Healing and transforming pain
- Moving From Stress to Empowerment
- Inner peace
- Global peace
- Finding Inspiration
- Developing and nurturing our creative selves
- The art of writing
- Mind/body/spirit healing
- Understanding how to use our intuition
- Using the creative arts for social change
- Energy medicine
- Ancient and alternative healing
- Inter-cultural understanding
A partial list of venues Barbara has been invited to speak at are:
- The Parliament of the World's Religions, Capetown, South Africa;
- City University of New York, (CUNY)
- Barnes and Noble, New York City
- Borders Book Store, White Plains, NY
- Unity Church, Honolulu, HI.
- First Unitarian Church, Honolulu, HI.
- Castle Medical Center, Mind Body Spirit Forum, Kailua, HI.
- Suicide Prevention Conference, Honolulu, HI.
- Hawaii Wellness Institute, Honolulu, HI.
- Native Books, Honolulu, HI.
- Barnes & Noble, Honolulu, HI.
- Borders Books, Honolulu, HI.
- American Writer's Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Hawaii Pacific University, Writer's Conference, Honolulu, HI.
- The Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles, California
- Sedona Creative Life Center, Sedona, Arizona.